From here on out if you use give samples of “Malware”
please put them in a .zip file so that there’s no need for others to install random programs such as Winrar or 7zip to unpack your files.
Passwords are required to prevent stupidity. Also to keep it simple: Use Infected as your password. This is industry standard.
Categorize your thread use [Malware type here] so if you got WannaCry Ransomware: do [RANSOMWARE] Wannacry this just makes it easier to search by
Don’t upload reports, or files from certain “Groups or Individuals” I’m not going to hold back but: Jonthandata1 is a fraud of the infosec/Mobile Spyware Community. Avoid his or his trolls reports on Pegasus Malware. Citizen’s lab or Amesty International are great. There’s a lot of documentation & yes there’s more than just JD1 but he’s about the biggest example.
As for safety:
- Use a VM
- Use a VPN
- Don’t run this on your main network, please use youtube or google to learn net safety
- Don’t run scripts you have without understanding them
- Most of you aren’t some 20+ Year veteran so don’t act like it.
- Some state sponsored malware is very sophisticated so you shouldn’t touch it.
- Get a dedicated machine for your VMs if possible.